Pencils done!

31 10 2008

I have finished pencils for Din Krakatau. After finishing few more pages than in the previous update I had to take a short break since my back started to complain. After a week or so off, I have returned… and pencilled 21 pages in 6 days. That’s right, six days… or nights rather.

Started on Saturday, did page 108 to get back into the groove. On Sunday, I managed to hit four pages. My previous best was 3.5 page, so doing pages 109-112 was a nice thing to happen.  Monday night was EVEN BETTER as I did FIVE pages: 113-117. Tuesday was just as good with pages 118-122, followed by Wednesday with 123-126, leaving the last two pages for Thursday. And here I am.

Now, to re-script the entire chapter, scan the pages, edit them, color, letter, sent them off to a friend for a spell/grammar check and upload them, while at the same time start working on the printed version (there will be several edits required to make that happen).

Overall? I am damn happy. while the pages are still not complete, I have achieved the goal of 128 pages and completed the storyline. And I’ll probably sell ten copies too, haha.

Advertisements




Numbers!

17 10 2008

Now that was a long break. I was torn between not having time to do anything and not having time to do anything else but feeling bad that I’m not working on Din Krakatau. Well, on Wednesday evening (night, actually) I felt like listening to some podcasts, which lead to me picking up the pen and paper again, starting to work on chapter 4. I did roughly 2/3rd of a page and went to bed.

The very next day I have finished that one and drew THREE PAGES MORE! YAY! Good result for me!

Which means, I have finished pencilling pages 97-100 (nice round number). Currently there are 82 pages online and 28 pages to go (nice reversed digits). There’s also exactly 14 pages left of chapter 3 to go live (half of 28). So I’m changing my statistics to a countdown.

46 pages to go live, 32 to color and letter, 28 to pencil.

I’m hoping to keep up the tempo like I did on the third chapter. Then it would be just a matter of doing some color illustrations for the covers and interior artwork, handing it off to someone for spellcheck/grammarcheck… and hopefully scraping enough funds to get paypal.

Oh… and of course I’ll have to slightly reformat the pages to fit Ka-Blam’s template (as I messed up mine and the sizes are off) and then strip out the color from the color pages. Woe is me (not really, it’s just time consuming).